The objective of Scott Surveying is to find creative solutions for developers to overcome legal boundary and neighbourly challenges, in order to realize the vision of their scheme.
We are not just administrators of the party wall process. We identify where the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 applies and consider your design and programme aspirations. We are an integral part of your design team where we work closely with Architects and Engineers to develop creative solutions to overcome your challenges.
Early consultation and a thorough approach identifies matters and associated costs at an initial stage, to ensure that the fundamental issues, which can slow or even halt developments later, are highlighted early.
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 enables a developer to maximize the site potential by allowing construction works to boundary structures to be undertaken with creative structural solutions, whilst providing the necessary protection to adjoining owners. Navigating these solutions through the party wall legislation is an art in itself – one that we have crafted over numerous projects on behalf of developers.
We also act for the adjoining owner in responding to party wall notices.
Party Wall Surveyor Services
- We provide for Developer clients an initial view on party walls and other issues, such as crane and scaffolding oversailing, when considering purchasing a development or increasing the size of an existing property
- We offer advice to suit client needs ie strategic advice at an early stage to assist the developer’s design team, to reduce any potential risk involved with development, especially in tight city centres.
- An initial appraisal of the contemplated works and advice as to whether, or to what extent, the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 applies forms a significant part of our business.
- We regularly work with architects, designers and engineers to address the party wall issues that have been identified, helping to produce the most appropriate design and construction method.
- Where building works are proposed which fall within the scope of the Act, we can institute the formal procedures of the Act by serving on your behalf all relevant Party Wall notices.
- We can then continue to act for you as your ‘appointed’ surveyor steering you through the intricacies of the Act to ensure that your works are commenced as quickly as possible and with all necessary provisions in place. This will include preparing schedules of condition and agreeing awards.
- In addition to representing the building owner, we are often engaged to represent the neighbour (adjoining owner) affected by proposed developments and our experience ensures that you are properly protected with a high level of experience and expertise.
- Although our core business is party wall and boundary matters we have a good general knowledge of architecture, interior space planning, engineering, building surveying and construction methods.